Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Guest in Monastry Aria in Vidracco, Piemonte, Italy


Dear all
I am not very sure whether I will write these posts in English or in Dutch all the time, but today I guess I’ll go for English..

Today is Wednesday, I arrived at Damanhur on Sunday. I am staying at a monastry where 3 female monks live. At the moment I’m sitting in the sun with one of the monks, Gheppio, besides me. She is so kind, of course I don’t get to know much of her since her English and my Italian are just as poorly developed. My drive up to Damanhur was wonderful. I passed lovely scenery of course, the mountains and also I felt so grateful that my little van has been loyal to me! Charly, the oldest daughter of my friend Natasha, drew me a nice picture. She actually drew a portrait of me, I decorated my ‘cabin’ with it. I have brought some more small things which make my room here feel like home. Actually I notice that I don’t have so much trouble feeling at home anywhere I am at this moment. I guess I got used to being a nomad already the last couple of weeks!
Damanhur is a community of houses scattered along a valley in Piemonte. I believe the town I am staying at now is called Vidracco. It is a tiny village with small streets crawling up and down the mountain hill. This monastry is just a house, with a nice porch where I am sitting now. The houses that are inhabited by people from Damanhur distuingish themselves with the Damanhurian flag, a yellow flag, with two squares on it representing a fort, and a green infinity symbol (just like the one I happen to be wearing on a necklace since 3 months!). Everyone and everything I have encountered thusfar relating to Damanhur reflects respect for eachother, for nature and everything they do seems to have a meaning or a purpose. Like purifying prayers before dinner, bracelets with prayers on it in an ancient sacred language and sacred patterns of stones that lie in the area of one of the main centres of Damanhur. Whatever you might think of it, while you read this, I experience it to be very positive and loving. On the day of my arrival I went for a pranahealing, that felt really powerful. I felt similar afterwards as when I had the first initiation of my angel healing practice. A strong vibrating energy in my body, causing a little headache even and making me become aware of how tired I actually am. Tonight I slept about 10 hours, and yesterday about 9. In compare to my average of about 6 or 7, I find this rather remarkable. I guess some build up tension of the past months looking foreward to this moment, is releasing now.
Yesterday I cycled around the neighbourhood a bit. I am so happy that I took my bike! The surroundings here are amazing, and it gives a really free feeling to cycle here and have tiny meetings with local people on the street.
I am staying at this monastry probably for a week. Next week I’ll move to a nucleo, a house with 10 to 20 other people with whom I will share my life here. Tonight is my first “new life” activity, sacral dancing (I hope it will be as much fun as I think it will be) and afterwards some information meeting. Tomorrow I will start doing the agriculture work together with other people from the new life program, about 10 i believe.
Talk to you later! 

Some pictures of where I am now. 
 this the monastry Aria
 the small street (and the proof that I really arrived :)
 Gheppio and Enzo (a "Damanhurian" that often visits the monastry)
view from my room

2 comments:

  1. :) sounds good so far!!! pranahealing is one thing i am learning and of course angel reiki which is similar to the angel healing you talk of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you let us look inside your new life. Interesting way of living... I'm curious how it will be in the future...

    ReplyDelete