Sunday, May 20, 2012

Storytelling for the children of Damanhur, new songs and sculptures

Hi dear all


Last time I wrote an entry was 11 days ago, a little longer than before. Because I have been busy! In a very pleasant way! In general I really appreciate time..time off... time to feel everything existing. I love tasting the moments and decide just the right time to choose or act on something, feel the magic of the synchronic moment. So normally I could say, I don't like hurrying, nor running. It stresses me quite easily. But here however, it feels different. Everyday and whole day I have meetings, work, actions, things to do, appointments, some responsibilities here and there. I hardly have time to meditate, which is something that used to be a holy moment of my day. But I love it, I do well in this busy schedule. The difference is the energy here. Damanhur is built on the crossing of 5 synchronic lines. Synchronic lines are something like veins through which energy is exchanged throughout the whole universe. Here I don't have to taste as carefully before I decide, the flavours of the highest energy value of a certain decision are easier to recognise! I float here! Only a thought and an emotion, a fantasy, a wish is like a vessel that takes you. You can move easily on desire, in stead of on strenght. At the end of a day I am still full of energy, but not in a way that drains me, I just feel fullfilled and peaceful to have a good night sleep. I even managed to let go of my 'need to take a shower before sleeping'-addiction. I can also sleep now whithout showering off disturbing energy.


Some really nice things have unfolded for me last week. I have performed with an Italian puppeteer, Lucia. We translated 'Jacob wordt Piloot' (my picture book) in Italian (..Jamie sognava di divertar pilota...if I remember correctly :-) I had brought my travel size decor from The Netherlands (a big book) and used this for the performance here on a book-market in Vidracco. Lucia told the story in Italian, I played guitar and sang a few songs that we had translated in Italian. I also did some small voices in the storytelling. I was quite nervous for this challenge since I have hardly any experience with guitar playing on stage since I play for only 6 months now. But it went well! It was a really nice performance and Lucia was really fantastic! The children were enthusiastic also! 


The collaboration with Johannes (the Danish musician here in Damanhur) is really fruitful! We have created some really nice songs together last week. Gitta, a Dutch new lifer, has published a wonderful poetry book (in Dutch) about a month ago. She really writes great material!! Check it out: Gitta de Vries (http://www.boekscout.nl/shop/ViewProduct.aspx?bookId=2833) Last week Johannes and I have made 3 songs based on 3 poems of Gitta. I'll ask if Gitta if I can post it later. I recorded it with my iPhone, but still I'm quite enthusiastic about the result! Also I gave a little concert this week for some visitors, me and my guitar! 


I just visited a nucleo, Rimera, where some really nice people live, a guitar player, a musician of several medieval instruments, a photographer, a graphic designer, some painters...they also have a music studio and a wonderful piece of land with three lakes! It was a real pleasure visiting!


Next week I'm assisting a sculpturer here to give some workshops on creativity and sculpture making. He gave me the opportunity to assist him, so that I can learn something about it and maybe start a fruitful collaboration!


Wonderful! I'll try posting some pictures and songs next time.


Speak soon,
With you, love Karin

2 comments: