Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dancing..Music..watching Captain America..

Hi All!
This weekend was filled with entertainment.. Damanhur is not particularly a place that puts goal-less entertainment on the agenda however. The dancing this weekend was at a Roman Catholic Celebration - st George's day. Every Catholic Saint gets his own festival in Italy, I can imagine. But Saint George is a special protective saint for the village of Vidracco. At the municipality the people of the village ate together and a settante/ottante-band was playing (70s 80s music ;-). I was the first to jump up to go to dance! Some new found friends here joined me, really nice to dance! Afterwards we went to a charity concert at Damanhur Crea (a venue from the community) where an Italian singer/songwriter played..sorry that I forgot his name!..it was beautiful! I had missed this! To enjoy music that is just for the sake of music, emotion, expression.. As I have said earlier, in Damanhur everything is so connected to spirituality and many other dimensions. I hadn't realized that I missed this pure music experience like this. And just now..and this was really over the edge :) I saw Captain America on DVD, in my nucleo. And since my days here are so filled, of course I spend the rest of my weekend going to the temples, working in the garden, doing some fixing in the house, going to choir practice, going to a lesson on the history of Damanhur.. But also, I almost forgot another party this weekend, on Friday, we had a group diner and party to say goodbye to one of the New Life group members (this is the 3 month program I participate in). Dear Marielle is going home, after 3 months, back to the Netherlands. She was here to write on her anthropology thesis. Just sharing some leasure time experiences this time..
With you

2 comments:

  1. Hiep hiep voor muziek die er is voor muziek, emotie en expressie!

    Hoera!

    Geert (@StudioHaen)

    ReplyDelete